Tuesday, October 28, 2008

{Making a Mark}

Today I was talking to a dear friend about how our lives are a "vapor". The older I get I realize that more and more. My children's lives are proof of how time ticks at very rapid speeds. I cant put my finger on the truth that Clayton is 8, Lily is 5, and Buddy 3. Where does time go? Am I making the impact I should for Christ in my short time he has given me? I am trying but I still fall short everyday.
As you know, I am reading Crazy Love (I recommend). Francis Chan talks about how in 50 years nobody on earth will even know who I was. They wont care what kind of job I had, they wont care what kind of house I lived in, car I drove, or clothes I wore. . . what will matter is what I did for Christ while I was here.
I was raised in a Christian home, but not until the last few years have I understood Christ more. I didn't get it. I realize that he longs for me as much as I long to know him. I am going to do my best to teach my kids early in life how much God cares about every move they make AND that he waits to hear from them. WE DON'T HAVE TO REMIND GOD OF US, WE HAVE TO REMIND OURSELVES OF GOD.
I could go on and on, but I will stop. . . it is just hard not to be excited about a love relationship with God.
Love,
Tonia

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS