Sunday, October 19, 2008

{What to do?}

I am really brainstorming for some ideas of things our ministry at FBC can do for expectant mothers. . . I know the first thing I am going to do is take them off the nursery schedule!! I should've done that forever ago.
I am thinking about trying to do something special every trimester and at the end they get their special treat to go to hospital. I am not sure what but I was thinking like a trendy hospital gown... have you seen them? Check out http://www.girliegowns.com/ or http://www.dearjohnnies.com/ , those may not be for everyone. I, of course, also want to be a good steward of the nursery budget. I just want being pregnant at FBC different and a really special time. I am trying to think outside of the box.
Any suggestions. . . I am open.
Love, Tonia

2 comments:

Laurie said...

If you are wanting to do something special just for the mom, why not get a massage gift certificate or a pedicure certificate? When it is closer to the time, something my sister did for me was gather pics of me, my husband and siblings even the family pet to place on the baby's cart that they sleep in, so she would be surrounding by people who loved her at all times! I would not have thought of that, so glad she did! Another friend made covers for miniture chocolate bars that had her name on them it actually said "thank you for helping us welcome Jaylin in the world" and I handed these out to people along with a candle wraped in toile that asked when the person lite the candle to say a prayer for Jaylin--these two things were giving to people who came by to visit at the hospital and at my last baby shower. Hope it helps! Laurie Krimmel

Tonia Hobbs said...

Great idea! Thank you so much! I am the Nursery Director at our church so I am trying to think of some nice things at such a special time!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS