Thursday, December 11, 2008

{Simplicity}

I have already read this book once. . .but its one of those I need to revisit every once and awhile. Parts of this book are a little "out there" but for the most part its good stuff.

One section is concerning "Simplicity" and the line I highlighted was,
"REFUSE TO BE A SLAVE TO ANYTHING BUT GOD".
Simplicity is freedom, not slavery.
  • Buy things for their usefulness rather than their status.
  • Clothes. Hang the fashions. Buy only what you need. . .(If I was skinny I might have a problem with buying fashionable clothes but that is NOT the case so I am very limited as it is - I am safe!)
  • Reject anything that is producing an addiction in you. CAFFEINE!!!!
  • De-accumulate.
  • Learn to enjoy things without owning them. Parks, libraries. Share things.
  • Develop a deeper appreciation for the creation. Listen to the birds!

God give us the courage, wisdom and strength always to hold as the number-one priority of our lives to "seek first his kingdom and his righteousness," understanding all that that implies. To do so is to live in simplicity.

Love, Tonia

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS