Saturday, January 3, 2009

{Kind Greenwood People}

Can I tell you about one of my more embarrassing moments? Why it came to mind I am not sure, but it did.
Anyways, one morning, I was running late taking the kids to school (as I usually am) and we missed "the ladies" (as we usually do). Clayton willingly got out of the car on his own. Lily wouldn't budge. It went like this:
Me-Go ahead sweetheart, you are going to have a great day!
Lily-No, mom I cant.
Me-I bet you will do a craft. Mrs. Mickle is going to miss you.
Lily-No we won't. I just want to go back home.
Me-Go ahead Clayton, I'll handle Sis.
Lily-Mom will you walk me in?
Me-Sis, I cant Mom isn't wearing shoes. I am barefooted!
Meantime, kind and sweet girl I went to high school with seen me and came to the car! She says, "Hey so good to see you! What's wrong with your little girl?"
Me-Well, she wants me to walk her in and I didn't wear shoes!!! She offers me hers. . . I think for a second and accept! OH MY GOODNESS! Yes, I did. Sure did. I proudly walked my little Lily in gracing her husbands flip flops every step of the way!

Wow, cant believe I just typed that. A little humor at my expense.
Love, Tonia

2 comments:

Mischelle Coston said...

Too funny! Thanks for a good chuckle!

Sherry Drennan said...

Oh, tonia, I absolutely love it! What a great mom! So nice to have friends who understand, have been there, and don't mind sharing their shoes! ;0)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS