Tuesday, July 14, 2009

{Powerful Love}


My head is a little hazy today. My thoughts are here and there and everywhere.

I'll give you a sneak peak inside my little pea brain. . .



  • I am in the process of trying to get ready for Fall at church. Back to school time is right around the corner. I have new ideas, new plans, and I am trying to get things moving forward. I am going to lose a few teachers. So pray with me about that, my friends. God doesn't exit people without entering more. . .so I will wait for his direction. I know he didn't call me here to be alone.

  • My step brother Chris in Iraq. Wonder what he is doing today?

  • My sister in Little Rock.

  • Meeting today with a few of the staff.

  • Should I buy cleats for pad camp, or just let him wear baseball cleats?

  • A Bible study I am going to attempt to lead with a friend.

  • Marca . . .I wonder what she is doing today?

Well, that's it for the moment.

I am going to get busy here at my desk.


Final thoughts ~


We had a end of season baseball party last night at one of the coaches home. . . . this morning I am reminded of how thankful I am when others invest in my children. As parents we call the shots with our kids. But sometimes the actual task can seem very overwhelming (if you are doing it right. . .and you know what I mean). Every so often somebody comes along and helps you make a difference to your child. This person loves on your child. This person may take your kids to McDonald's. They may read to your child. They may plant flowers with your child. This person may or may not be a family member. This person inspires your child.


If you have someone like that in your life . . . appreciate them. Tell them. Praise them. Thank them. People that help us mold our children for the better for no other reason but because they love them. . . . that is some powerful love. It is of the Lord, it is from the Lord.


Talk later.


Love, Tonia


No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS