Monday, August 31, 2009

{Sharing my heavy heart. . . }

Do you ever feel like you are off track?
Do you ever feel like a complete failure?
Do you feel like you have lost your focus?
Me?
Yep.
Not all the time.
Not everyday.
For the past 2 weeks?
Yep.
The Question I was asked. . . . (Our Associate Pastor, J.I. ~ Hows that for accountability?)
How is your quiet time?
My response.
Well, it stinks, and so does my attitude. (Yes, that is what I said)
Mmmmm.

So this morning.
I read.
I got in the Word.
I listened.
I am searching for my sweet spot.
My spot that helps me hang on.
The spot that reminds me of all that really matters.
The place I need to be.
The place I should stay.
Regardless of what others say about me.
Regardless of what others think of me.
I don't need it.
It doesn't matter.
God.
He Matters.
His thoughts. His feelings. His promise for me. . .
He loves me.
Unconditionally.
Even though I do fail him.
Everyday.
More than once.
Sometimes more than twice.
I am a sinner.
It really bugs me.
I mean to continue to get in the fog.
Day
after
Day.
Spending
my time (which is a gift from Him)
on
what?
Why?
What in the world for?
How in the world have I made a difference today?
By calling a friend at work to inquire about another friends thoughts. . .
Please, Tonia.
Time Waster.
Have I met my new neighbors?
No.
How long have they lived there?
3 weeks.
Have I been praying for my lost friend this week?
No.
Focus.
Stay focused.
Train.
Continue to train.
Stop the mindless chatter.
Be still.
Be quiet.
Let God be God.
I need to be who I need to be. . .
Time is ticking. . .

Stop the struggle with fear and complacency.
Surrender and be obedient ( i love that word).
Be radical.
Be different.
It is okay.
Sold out.
Yep.
Thats it. . .
Sold out.


Have mercy upon me, O God,
According to Your loving kindness;
According to the multitude of Your tender mercies,
Blot out my transgressions.
Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse
me from my sin.
Psalm 51:1-2
Thank you, Lord.
For another day.
To try.
To make a
difference.
For
You.
Moral discipline is a life path. . . .

2 comments:

Katie said...

Tonia,
Love this post, this is my daily sturggle lately it seems espcially since the kid are involved with so much now, and friends and this and that, and what do they think about me, who cares... I need to be and live who God wants me to be. Well said.

Tonia Hobbs said...

Thanks for your comment Katie. . . Its nice to know you are not alone. . . even when you feel that way.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS