Thursday, October 15, 2009

{The Shack ~ Edwards Eyes ~ #1 ~ Sock Monkey}

Much reading going on around here. . .
Last night, I finally finished The Shack. It seems to have taken me forever, but I just typically have 3-4 books going at the same time so it just has to get in line. I loved it. It is really full of emotion. I ear marked many pages, to share but I will just say it is a good read. This is such a sweet statement about crying/tears.
"Thank you" was all he could say to Papa as once more a waterfall rolled down his cheeks as if from an endless reservoir. "I hate all this~this crying and blubbering like an idiot, all these tears," he moaned.
"Oh, child," spoke Papa tenderly. "Don't ever discount the wonder of your tears. They can be healing waters and a stream of joy. Sometimes they are the best words the heart can speak."
Remember Edwards Eyes? Well, Clayton & I found out this week exactly why this book had that title. Edward, he dies in a bike accident. They take his little body, and donate his organs. His eyes go to a baseball player. Clayton cried, and it broke my heart. But I wouldn't change a thing. Sometimes, depending on what it is, I think it is good for them to get a slice of "real-life". Ya' know? The hard stuff. Hard, but reality. It was a good opportunity to talk to him about how some goodness can come from tragedy, and just how amazing God's creation of the human body really is.
Lily definitely read the most light-hearted book. How could you go wrong with a dog and bear? Especially a dog who owns a sock monkey. I love those. Buddy has one.











I think we read it 3 times. . .





#1 is the # Buddy learned about this week at Mrs Bakers.
On this day he was playing with his "Lego Guys".




Sweet little hands.

Clayton had to miss two days of school this week.
He is doing much better.
Seems to still have a cough, but I am really thinking he had fever because of the flu shot.
He was ready to go back to school.
Talk Later.
Love,
Tonia













2 comments:

Beaubecky said...

I'm glad Clayton is feeling better....How sweet that he cried over that book! :(

a.love said...

The Shack--such an AMAZING book!!! Completely challenged me but moved me so!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS