Tuesday, November 3, 2009

{Rules ~ I need them}

Some good rules to follow.
1. Don't try to figure out God ~ he is way smarter, and probably considers it an insult.
2. When uncertain what to say ~ Keep your mouth shut.
3. Read God's Word. Pray.

I know God is working on me. I know he is working in my life. I know he is doing his best for me to "get it", but I just ain't "gettin' it". I find comfort in knowing he won't give up on me. He knows just how pea-brained I am. Thus, rule #1.

Yesterday some other humans upset me. In result I had alot of "human feelings". I still am not real happy about the situation. I am also not sure what I would say if I was confronted about it. Thus, rule #2.

After more work after 5, sports, dinner, put the kids to bed, tea with Mr. Hobbs, magazines, laundry, loaded some tunes on the i-pod, I ran some bath water. Armed with my Bible and my i-pod. I dove in. I turned to Psalms (you can't go wrong there), Proverbs (one of my favorites), and ended up in Ephesians. . . which went a little something like this: Chapter 4 Verse 26 ~ When you are angry, do not sin. And do not go on being angry all day. Do not give the devil a way to defeat you. . . verse 29 . . . When you talk, do not say harmful things. But say what people need-words that will help others become stronger. Honestly, it's the "do not go on being angry" that I am seriously going to struggle with. I am not sure what time I got out of the bath. I know this morning when I went in there and pulled the plug my water was still warm. Maybe that is why I am tired. I am pretty certain I stayed till the wee hours of the morning. . . But I feel better. I feel "in-check". Thus, rule #3.

Talk Later.
Tonia

Word for the day - Discipline.

1 comment:

SheWolf said...

What awesome words Tonia--thanks for sharing them as it is a daily struggle of mine to not hold on to my grudges or let them get the best of me...thanks for that! You going to the Fall Festival today?

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS