Monday, January 4, 2010

{Books beside my pillow}

I read this Maxwell book last year. I carried away some great thoughts from this book. The best thing about this leadership book is Maxwell is a Christian. Therefore God is on the forefront.

His definition of success is:
knowing God and His desires for me;
growing to my maximum potential; and
sowing seeds that benefit others.

Something I highlighted:
Our attitude may not be the asset that makes us great leaders, but without good ones we will never reach our full potential. Our attitudes are the "and then some" that allows us the little extra edge over those whose thinking is wrong. Walt Emerson said, "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

Contagious Christian is a book our church is reading together and our Home Groups will be based on this study. . .
Contagious Christianity is a friend-to-friend, person-to-person, neighbor-to-neighbor.

And last but not least, Heaven. I don't know, I'm curious, and I've heard this book is the best.
This book is going to answer alot of my questions?
What will I be like in Heaven?
Will I have emotions?
Will I eat and sleep?
What about marriage and relationships?
I think this book will be "life changing", as the cover states.
Have a good day.
Read a good book.
Tonia

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS