Thursday, December 29, 2011

{We are Prized Possessions}


My house is quiet.
I could hear a pin drop.
My company is gone.
Some are nestled back in their cozy country home.
The others are back home safely in Little Rock.
I have Josh Wilson's Fall Apart streaming through my head, and
I desperately want to read my Bible.
  Do you feel that need when
you haven't spent quality time with God in a few days?
Man, I do.
I need my time with HIM.
I miss HIM.

Do you have the New Year on your mind?
Need to make some changes? 
 Want to make some changes?
Are you having to make some changes without having a say in the matter?
Do you need to welcome some change here and there in your life?
I always love and am thankful for a new year.  I love that "clean slate" feeling. 
I love that fresh, new feeling that comes with a new year.

I thought I would touch on CHANGE since it is "ringing" true to me. . . .

pg 80
The truth is God uses change to change us.  He doesn't use it to destroy us or to distract us but to coax us to the next level of character, experience, compassion, and destiny.  I hate to display such a firm grasp of the obvious, but how will we ever change if everything around us stays the same? Or what will ever cause us to move on to the next place He has for us if something doesn't happen to change the way we feel about where we are?  God is thoroughly committed to finishing the masterpiece He started in us (Philippians 1:6), and that process means one major thing:  change.

Don't be misled, brothers and sisters.  Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens.  He never changes or casts a shifting shadow.  He chose to give birth to us by giving us his true word.  And we, out of all creation, became his prized possession.
James 1:16-18, NLT

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS