Monday, June 1, 2009

{Book Advice?}







I have kind-of been like a duck out of water today. Typically every Monday I have Staff Meeting at church, but not today. I didnt know what to do with myself?!?
I just did a little of this and that.





We went to the library and registered for "Be Creative".



Lily - excited



Carson - pulling books off the shelf faster than I can pick up



Clayton - mortified at the thought of attending Story Hour or Craft Day






SOOOO . . .I figure it will go something like this:



Lily-She will gladly read the 5 + required books and beg for more. She will attend Story Hour and Craft Day.






Carson-He will be the kid they hate to see coming. And if Mr. Hobbs is around he will keep him on Library Days.






Clayton-I will have to prod him along like a donkey carrying a heavy load. He might meet the required 5 but will speed read just to half-way accomplish the task. He will not attend Story Hour or Crafts unless he gets busted by Mrs. Baker and she insist he stay.









I will be sure to let you know if I have the situation pegged. . . and I could be wrong, but I doubt it.









Talk Later.



Love,



Tonia






P.S. Does anyone have any suggestions for some WONDERFUL books for boys age 8/9? I need some REAL attention grabbers. Good stuff. Classics. Something full of goodness? I am looking for something so good he cant put it down . . .







No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS