Friday, February 15, 2013

{Peeling Pleather Saga}

Yes mam, by 9:00 Wednesday morning I had my couch loaded up and ready to take to the Goodwill. . . or so I thought. 

 My 1st stop was the Jennylind Auction.  I had some things I needed to put in for Fridays Sale.
(They have some gorgeous furniture this week!)
 I pull up and see a trailer. . . my heart beating fast. Love. Antiques. (Can't help myself)
 See that buffet hidden back there . . . so pretty.
 I was highly fascinated by that "twig table" back there. . .as you can see I wasn't able to get up close and personal.  After my antique endeavors I was onto take care of my couch situation.
 
Now y'all this is a prime example of how folks get attached to their own stuff. . .
 
YOU think its a "real jewel" but then you realize. . . not so much. . .
 
Stop #1 The ReStore.  They wouldn't take it. (Really? Is it that bad?)
Stop #2 Mustard Seed. They wouldn't take it. (I understand, just caught them on an off day)
Stop #3 The Veterans Thrift, knowing they take everything. I TRIP THERE. FALL FLAT ON MY FACE. DENT MS. SIRI. AND ALMOST CRY. And no, they wouldn't take it either. (Good thing I don't have pride issues)
Stop #4 The Goodwill. NOPE. Not-A-Chance.
 Okay. . .here's where it gets even better. . . I had to PAY the DUMP to get rid of my couch.
Yes, you read that right. 
 This is what it came to.
My couch.
In a dumpster.
(Who knew "Peeling Pleather" that sticks to your clothes and carpet was so undesirable?)
 The End.
 
In case you are wondering my next sofa will be 100% Cowhide. or Fabric. Thank you.
 
(I MUST finish getting ready for this group of 10th grade boys. . .they will arrive tonight.)


6 comments:

Brittney said...

What a fiasco of a day! At least the situation is handled! (and now I know who to call when I need to de-junkify...you seem to know all the spots! ha!)

Tonia Hobbs said...

Yes...unfortunately....my middle name it junk!!

Tonia Hobbs said...

Well I should rephrase....I am a lover of all things with charm and character. 😄

Lobster Meets Peach said...

On the bright-side it is out of you house;)

Katie said...

It looks nice in the dumpster! This is a funny post!

Sarah said...

You are hilarious...loved reading this post! Did anyone witness your fall? :(

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS